Originally published: 2nd April, 2020 on Facebook and Instagram
#LatePost #Day0 #EarthDay2020 #EarthDay
Hi everyone. Amid all this uncertainty, there is one event that is coming up … #Earthday2020, on April 22nd. More than ever, we need to do our best to protect our planet because the next shutdown could happen due to climate change.
There are many many many things that you can do as an individual to mitigate climate change. Please do not think that your simple change in lifestyle cannot address such a big issue. IT CAN.
Why? Demand and supply… if the customers demand it, the companies will deliver. And if a few people change, the rest will follow.
WE DON’T NEED A FEW PEOPLE TO DO SUSTAINABLE LIVING WELL, WE NEED A LOT OF PEOPLE TO DO IT #IMPERFECTLY.
So, for the next 22 days, I will try to post the little changes that I have been trying to make. I am not perfect and this isn’t the only way. It is also possible I could be doing this better.
All I am hoping to do is start a discussion about it. Share my information and hopefully, hear about what you all have been doing/exploring. Let’s learn together!
- Day 1: Reusable Bags (https://anahita-b02.medium.com/day-1-reusable-bags-9fcc6f99d996)
- Day 2: Bamboo Toothbrushes (https://anahita-b02.medium.com/day-2-bamboo-toothbrushes-bd2d46b5358e)
- Day 3: Clothes with Natural Fibers (https://anahita-b02.medium.com/day-3-clothes-with-natural-fibers-edbf4d50cf08)
- Day 4: Meal Plan/Grocery List (https://anahita-b02.medium.com/day-4-meal-plan-grocery-list-8e0e2cef3562)
- Day 5: Cosmetics (https://anahita-b02.medium.com/day-5-cosmetics-923499de604c)
- Day 6: Go Paperless (https://anahita-b02.medium.com/day-6-go-paperless-806121a20581)
- Day 7: Make more meal choices free of animal products (https://anahita-b02.medium.com/day-7-make-more-meal-choices-free-of-animal-products-6ce313b106ce)
- Day 8: Educational Programming (https://anahita-b02.medium.com/day-8-educational-programming-7ebfe5e6a66c)
- Day 9: Reduce. Reduce. Reduce… the story of plastics (https://anahita-b02.medium.com/day-9-reduce-reduce-reduce-the-story-of-plastics-dea1569ffc2a)
- Day 10: Pollinator Garden (https://anahita-b02.medium.com/day-10-pollinator-garden-6e6ee54e2db6)
- Day 11: Women’s Empowerment and Education (https://anahita-b02.medium.com/day-11-womens-empowerment-and-education-4365ec9e9a56)
- Day 12: Sustainability/Sustainable Development (https://anahita-b02.medium.com/day-21-sustainability-sustainable-development-e8fb8df9f64f)
- Day 13: Composting (https://anahita-b02.medium.com/day-13-composting-9bde1133c09a)
- Day 14: Digital Carbon Footprint (https://anahita-b02.medium.com/day-14-digital-carbon-footprint-7a725b24531a)
- Day 15: Plant a Tree! (https://anahita-b02.medium.com/day-15-plant-a-tree-68336df61322)
- Day 16: Buying Locally (https://anahita-b02.medium.com/day-16-buying-locally-91fb3370c107)
- Day 17: What? Why? Where? Who? When? and How? (https://anahita-b02.medium.com/day-17-what-why-where-who-when-and-how-9f7118f7c309)
- Day 18: Public Transport (https://anahita-b02.medium.com/day-18-public-transport-c0c342aa3942)
- Day 19: Sustainable Infrastructure (https://anahita-b02.medium.com/day-19-sustainable-infrastructure-3fd38caf843a)
- Day 20: Renewable Energy (https://anahita-b02.medium.com/day-20-renewable-energy-58093bc09f4c)
- Day 21: Sustainability/Sustainable Development (https://anahita-b02.medium.com/day-21-sustainability-sustainable-development-e8fb8df9f64f)
- Conclusion: Stay Updated, Be Kind! (https://anahita-b02.medium.com/day-22-stay-updated-be-kind-632b12120f32)